Organizing on Greens Connect
Why and How to Use the Greens Connect Platform for Organizing and Managing your Region, EDA, or Working Group
Why use an Assembly on Greens Connect?
Potential Benefits of Using an Assembly to Support Your Organization Within The Green Party of Canada
Find a Community of Collaborators rather than feeling like you are on your own!
- Online Permanent Repository for Foundational Documents
- Move your Constitution, by-laws and other governing documents off your laptop and out of the Google Drive to a permanent location where others can find them;
- Online Scheduling and Record Keeping of Meetings
- Setup Meetings, with detailed Agendas, Minute taking Notepad, and subscribe-able Calendars
- Online Discussion/Debates
- Tired of keeping track of multiple email threads? Use online discussion tools to track ideas, comments and responses.
- Others can easily review full discussions before chiming in.
- Asynchronous Communication and Updates to Members
- Registered Users who are "Members" of your Assembly will automatically get Email alerts of new content (Discussion, Meeting, Blog, Proposal etc) when you publish it - no need to manually email everyone!
- Structured Decision Making and Communication For Action
- Use Proposal and Debate components to discuss ideas, resolutions, actions in a structured but asynchronous manner between live meetings;
- Discussions, supports (up votes, down votes) will be transparent and reviewable by all participants;
- Asynchronous Policy Proposal Development
- Use the Proposal component to suggest, comment, modify and resolve policy or action proposals either for your own group or to then propose more broadly to others in the GPC.
- High transparency to others in the GPC Community
- Any GPC Members will be able to find your Assembly and see "what's going on" and be encouraged to take part and assist or connect to other initiatives;