Manual for users
Quick start guide
Groups: how to start one
This page contains instructions for creating a Group.
Need to learn what Groups are? Click here to view the Guide page that explains Groups
Groups allow individual members to establish their own internal, informal associations.
Once groups have been verified by a site administrator, their members have the ability to engage as that group. This is a powerful way to build democratic momentum and collective power.
All users of this website have the ability to form groups.
To create a Group:
- Sign into this website
- Navigate to your 'My public profile' page
- Look for a button labelled ' Create group'
- Complete the form using the following directions.
How to complete the New Group creation form:
- Enter a unique name for your new Group, organization, association, caucus, collective, etc.
- Choose a nickname for the Group. This will appear on various instances where your Group engages on this platform. (Note: use underscores '_' or hyphens '-' instead of spaces. Spaces are not allowed for nicknames)
- Provide a common email address for your group. Keep in mind that this address will receive notifications related to this Group's interaction.
- Upload an profile image (avatar) to represent your Group
- Add a short description to tell community members what your group is about.
- (leave 'document number' blank)
- Enter a contact phone number for this new Group's administrator. Important! This will be used for verification. A community admin will phone you in order to verify your group.
- Finally, click the green 'Create Group' button.
Congrats! You've created a Group.
Once your Group has been verified, you will be able to engage, as your group, in various aspects and processes of this platform.
Next, learn how to access and manage the groups you belong to >