Manual for users
Quick start guide
How to register as a User
Note: these instructions describe the registration process using a desktop or laptop computer. The process will look a little bit different on a mobile device.
Step 1 — Sign up
Click on “Sign Up” option (top right corner) and fill out the necessary information (*tip: keep track of your password, as you will need it often):
Your name: Please use your real name
Nickname: Must be a single word. Upper and lowercase okay. No spaces. No special characters. Underscore okay.
Your email: Please type in the email address you wish to have associated with the User account.
Password: Please use a strong password.
Confirm Password: You must re-enter the same password. They must be a perfect match or you will not be able to proceed.
Terms of service: You must check the box (indicating you agree) in order to proceed.
Contact permission: Keeping this check is a good idea, especially for new users. This setting can be changed later in your 'My account' section.
Congrats! You've become a user of this platform... now let's complete your profile.
Step 2 — Complete your Profile
This step is really important! Filling out your profile will make it easy for you to connect with communities and topics that interest you.
A). Look for your name (top right corner)
You need to:
- Place a cursor (you may have to click once) on your name, in the top-right margin, so that you can see a display of options (1. in picture below)
- Click on ´My account´ from the menu that appears (2. in picture below)
B). You will arrive at a your unique ´Participant settings´page! Now let's start creating your profile.
You need to:
- Upload your photo (1. in picture below. Note: Photo wont appear until you click the green 'Update account' button)
- Fill out all mandatory information (2. in picture below)
- Confirm your profile by clicking on the button (´update account´) at the bottom of the page (3. in picture below)
C). In the menu on the right, click on 'My Interests' (1. in picture below)
You need to:
- Select as many areas of interest you like. This will help us connect you with groups and topics you may like to follow or join.
[Insert screen shot of participant setting page, with Interests tab selected]
That's it! You're all set!
Protecting your privacy:
Remember, this website is built from the ground up to respect and protect your data security. At any time you can visit this page (within your 'My Account' section) to obtain a complete, up-to-date record of your personal data, stored securely within this system. After clicking the 'request data' button, a report will be emailed directly to you.