Read more about Members of the Green Party of Canada
Groups are informal virtual collectives for like-minded Users to converge. It's like a caucus or advocacy group with a specific area of focus or interest. Ultimately the purpose of a Group is entirely up to its creators and members. However, the main way to make use of Groups on this platform is for two or more Users to participate using a single, common voice to represent the entire group.
Who can create Groups?
Any registered User of this website has the ability to create one or more Groups, and then invite other Users whom they know, to join their group(s). However, until a group receives public verification from a site admin, that Group is limited to interactions between its own members.
Click here for rules governing the eligibility of public verification for groups. [need to establish rules then add link]
Things Groups can be used for:
- Groups are a way for a collective of members to engage as a unit in various aspects of Participatory Processes. (e.g. A member who belongs to a Group can start a new debate, or make a comment, AS that Group, a good way to give collective voice and build grassroots support)
- Groups can attract followers
- Groups can follow other community entities like Users or Groups
- Supporters, members and/or activists who wish to spontaneously for a team or club to organize around Green Vision and Values
- A collective of individuals who informally join together to bring common voice to a particular area of interest or concern
- Any group that desires to be recognizes as a community participant, but is not ready or interested, or eligible in becoming an Assembly
How do I find groups to join?
There is no directory of groups. However, Publicly Verified groups can engage throughout this website, so you will likely see them listed as authors of comments, proposals, amendments, debates, etc. Look for the icon of a white star within a green circle, next to the username of the commenter. When you find one you are curious about, click their name the view the group's public profile, including all of its members.