Greens Connect FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who has chosen to use decidim as a platform for collaboration?
- What is decidim
- What are we trying to accomplish with the decidim platform?
- What is blueocean?
- Who is providing technical support for greensconnect.ca? Is it reliable?
- What is sociocracy and how does it apply to GPC?
- Is this initiative endorsed/supported by GPC Federal Council?
- Is this initiative endorsed/supported by GPC staff?
- How will content and discussions be moderated on this platform?
- What guidelines exist for use of this platform?
- Governance of greensconnect.ca
What guidelines exist for use of this platform?
You agreed to Terms of Reference when you signed up: https://gpcmembers.com/pages/terms-and-conditions
The following Content Guidelines from those Terms should also be noted and adhered to:
Our content policies play an important role in maintaining a good gpcmembers.com experience for you, the members. Please respect these guidelines. From time to time, we may change our content policies so please check back here.
Your gpcmembers.com account is a privilege. Repeated abuse may result in account suspension and/or termination.
RESPECTING 6 KEY VALUES:
Members must agree to and abide by the GPC Code of Conduct and respect the 6 Key Values:
1. Ecological Wisdom - As in nature, members of the Green Party come from different walks in life, but all members are respected, and their contributions to the Party are appreciated;
2. Social Justice - All people are equal in rights and are given equal opportunity to freely express their opinions and thoughts;
3. Participatory Democracy - Transparency and accountability to the general membership is practiced, and party members are encouraged to participate in the democratic process;
4. Non-violence - No verbal or written aggression. Insults, threats, or other negative behaviours are not tolerated;
5. Sustainability - All decisions are made for seven generations; and
6. Respect for Diversity - The GPC encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
HATEFUL CONTENT: No person shall publish material that promotes hate toward groups based on race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation or gender identity. No person shall use profane, insulting, harassing, or otherwise offensive language, or publicly criticize fellow volunteers, staff, or GPC party members.
VIOLENT CONTENT: No person shall publish direct threats of violence against any person or group of people.
COPYRIGHT: It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement.
PRIVILEGED INFORMATION: Members must agree and abide by the GPC Confidentiality Agreement, and not publish any information following under this Agreement.
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: We do not allow the unauthorized publishing of people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, Social Insurance Numbers, and driver's and other license numbers.
IMPERSONATION: We do not allow impersonation of others through our services in a manner that is intended to or does mislead or confuse others.
UNLAWFUL USE OF SERVICES: Gpcmembers.com account services should not be used for unlawful purposes or for promotion of dangerous and illegal activities.
SPAM, MALICIOUS CODES AND VIRUSES: We do not allow spamming or transmitting malware and viruses.
PORNOGRAPHY AND OBSCENITY: We have a zero-tolerance policy against pornography. Gpcmembers.com account termination can occur on the first offence.