Greens Connect FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who has chosen to use decidim as a platform for collaboration?
- What is decidim
- What are we trying to accomplish with the decidim platform?
- What is blueocean?
- Who is providing technical support for greensconnect.ca? Is it reliable?
- What is sociocracy and how does it apply to GPC?
- Is this initiative endorsed/supported by GPC Federal Council?
- Is this initiative endorsed/supported by GPC staff?
- How will content and discussions be moderated on this platform?
- What guidelines exist for use of this platform?
- Governance of greensconnect.ca
What are we trying to accomplish with the decidim platform?
As a grassroots initiative, we are trying to provide a platform through which GPC members and EDAs can better collaborate on their own initiative without draining limited staff time and resources. We hope that better collaboration will have a number of positive outcomes:
- Improved electoral effectiveness across the Party;
- Improved engagement of GPC members in Party activities, processes and decision making at all levels, from staff at GPC HQ to Federal Council to the EDAs;
- Strengthened empowerment of members to support a more resilient and vibrant party where everyone belongs;Significant decrease in toxic factionalism within the Party;
- Improved ability to “walk our talk” with respect to founding principles from the Global Greens Charter;