A Sociocracy 3.0 (S3) community of practice, part of blueocean member initiative
First Meeting — 10 Dec 2020
This is the very first meeting of the Greenlight Circle.
First Meeting of Greenlight Circle — Agenda Priorities
- Go around to review everyone S3 (Sociocracy 3.0) journey
- Explore Domain and Drivers for Greenlight circle
- Keeping our peers aligned and informed
- Review 'practical intro' doc (attached)
- How to Grow the Circle
- Next meeting?
Agenda — 10 Dec 2020
Introductions & meeting roles [ 11:30 - 11:35]
Some folks may not knew each other yet.
Go around to review everyone S3 (Sociocracy 3.0) journey [ 11:35 - 11:39]
Michael will give a quick Decidim tour of:
- Greenlight Assembly
- Greenlight User Group
Explore Domain and Drivers for Greenlight circle [ 11:39 - 11:49]
- Driver: what is the organizational need we are seeking to address?
Sense and describe:
- – the current situation
- – the effect of this situation on the organization
…and what’s needed:
- – the need of the organization in relation to this situation
- – the impact of attending to that need
- Domain: our distinct area of influence, activity and decision making within an organization (GPC & blueocean)
Keeping our peers aligned and informed [ 11:49 - 11:54]
Go around of ideas (30 seconds each)
Review 'practical intro' doc (attached) [ 11:54 - 12:04]
- How can this be most useful?
- What would need to change?
How to Grow the Circle [ 12:04 - 12:09]
Next meeting? [ 12:09 - 12:14]
Schedule or table until further notice
Anne's minutes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fX1OUxkLYHm1o_bLh4WPhJpilDXhMwu8lvUZwThx8kI/edit?usp=sharing
(starting about half way through 'Explore Domain and Drivers for Greenlight circle' agenda item
We were in the middle of navigating a tension between using S3 language and alternatives, but couldn't complete the discussion as one of us had to leave the meeting.
However, this flowed to a discussion around not trying to front load more that we were ready to take on.
Early discussion on current driver:
- for now, let's take the pressure off needing to fix the party and just focus on most immediate need which is to learn this ourselves
- Right now we want to figure S3 out and have fun doing it
1 — Tentative work plan for next two weeks:
- Agree to standing 30-min meeting 11:15am (Michael to schedule)
- Each of us pick up to three S3 patterns to start exploring and learning
- Use the comment section on this meeting's page to post the patterns for the rest of the circle to see (try not to double up, first come first served)
- Assess our competency in 2-weeks and decide what we're ready to socialize with our peers
2 — We'll use the Learning Journey Blog to post S3 learning gems we find along the way
- team members welcome to post themselves, or connect with a peer for help
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?