A Sociocracy 3.0 (S3) community of practice, part of blueocean member initiative
Your go-to resource for informative content to help you on your Green S3 Journey
Websites and Documents:
- Sociocracy 3.0 Poster Series - PDF — An easy-to-read, illustrated presentation.
- The S3 Practical Guide - PDF — heavier reading but consider this a handbook for beginners to serious practitioners
- The Official Sociocracy 3.0 website — great place to start for a comprehensive exploration of their free offerings
- Common Sense Framework — An great way to start adopting S3 wisdom into existing teams and organizations
Consent, Objections & Hand signals — A short video introducing some core S3 concepts, and how seeking consent helps in avoiding the consensus deadlock.
Key quotes relating to two of the seven principles of Sociocracy 3.0:
- Consent means — "Do things in the absence of reasons not to."
- Equivalence means — "People affected by decisions being the ones to make and/or influence those decisions."
- Objection means — "I see a reason why doing this [proposed action] would cause harm or miss a chance to improve right now."
Proposal Forming Workshop — A 'fishbowl' demonstration of a facilitated workshop in which a work team collaborates to come up with a solution to an identified challenge.
Consent Decision Making Workshop — The same group as above takes the results of their 'proposal forming' and seeks to reach a consent decision, and in the process uses the collective wisdom of the group to evolve the proposal into a better agreement—one that is deemed "good enough for now, and safe enough to try."