Member initiative to inspire & model transformative change within the GPC
Introductory Seminar on blueocean | 10 July 2021
Join this virtual event: Innovation for the Canadian Green Movement
The blueocean volunteer initiative is proud to welcome you to this introductory and participatory seminar!
When: 11:30am ET to 1:30pm ET, 10 July 2021 (8:30am -10:30am Pacific / 12:30pm - 2:30pm Atlantic)
This event was intended for members of the Green Party of Canada, but Green allies are welcome too!
- Introductory presentation to blueocean the group and this innovative strategy
- Q&A from the founding team
- An exclusive video presentation from European political allies about how they are crushing innovation in their organization
- Get a demo of using Decidim (this website) for Participatory Motion Development
- (Optional) Arrive up to 30 minutes early to meet and greet with fellow Greens and discuss expectations for the seminar
- (Optional) Arrive early to "speed network" with Greens you may not have ever met
How to prepare:
- Review the blueocean primer slide deck
- Arrive on Saturday with some clarity on what you hope to learn
Background info on blueocean:
- The Climate Emergency is clearly upon us,
- Our Party is facing a crisis of culture and leadership with no clear resolution in sight,
- it is very likely that a federal election will be upon us at some point in 2021, and,
- with the other Parties unlikely to address climate change head-on, and the need for a just and green economic recovery from the pandemic, Canadians need the Green Party to rise to the occasion like never before.
Many in the Party are feeling the urgency and opportunity of the above statements, and there are grassroots efforts beginning to bubble up from numerous quarters to address them. There is enormous potential and energy in these initiatives.
Apart from traditional campaign roles, GPC members have traditionally had few avenues for learning and/or using their skills and interests to help build the Party they were attracted to. With blueocean, we are creating a resilient platform of values-driven talent that will self-organize around the Party’s diverse and rapidly evolving needs.
Our new initiative is developing a framework of tools and practices to empower members and revitalize the Party. Our hope is to support a broad range of GPC capabilities, strongly rooted in values and the principles espoused in the Global Greens Charter, in hopes of being the change we want to see – both inside the Party, across the wider Canadian Green movement and in our national governance. Seeking to build bridges, blueocean is asking for support and participation from leaders of all types from across the Party.
This effort, blueocean, is a structured “anti-factional” approach to move the Party forward in a way that builds on our strengths while reinforcing our cohesiveness in order to fully leverage the amazing human potential within this Party.
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?