Member initiative to inspire & model transformative change within the GPC
What is an Assembly?
An assembly is a group of members of an organization (e.g. an EDA, a policy caucus, a working group, an advisory council, etc.) who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or scope of the organization.
Assemblies—often, but not always, properly constituted— hold meetings, some are private and some are open. If they are open, it is possible to participate in them (e.g. attending if the capacity allows it, adding items to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions taken by this body).
Assemblies are a core feature of Decidim (this website) so it's something worth taking the time to understand.
The genesis of a thriving GPC democracy.
What is blueocean?
blueocean is a member initiative driven to inspire and model transformative change within the Green Party of Canada. It is a new and growing network of collaborative teams (circles), committed to finding solutions through conscious and equitable collaboration.
This is our 'primer' presentation, explaining the work we're doing and why
Click to view: blueocean primer presentation
Scroll down to 'Assemblies' to see all blueocean circles
Video 1: Intro Seminar for blueocean, recorded 10 July 2021
- High-level overview of blueocean thinking, culture and technology
Video 2: Learning from others' success & demo of Greens Connect website (Decidim software), recorded 10 July 2021
- Introducing the concept of transforming to dynamic self-management
- A demonstration of Greens Connect: how can this help Greens to organize better?
We envision a purposeful organization that "walks its talk," lives and breathes its Principles and Values, and excels at distributed organizing and governance and empowers members to create and run a resilient and vibrant party where everyone belongs.
We seek to leverage and support accessible technological solutions that enable transparent sharing of information and ideas in a safe and respectful space, at scale.
We hope to enable the members of the Green Party of Canada demonstrate transparent and accountable engagement in a rejuvenated party effectively delivering on its mission. In order to achieve this, there is a need for a sea-change in behaviour, structures and processes within the party. Values-infused behaviour, supplemented by streamlined structures and processes, will necessarily strengthen the party’s capacity to send more MPs to Ottawa.
We understand that effective, artful collaboration requires skill and so we are inviting members to learn new practices and processes that are proven to support better, more equitable and humane decisions. For example, the Greenlight circle is creating a community of practice to bring in patterns and skills from Sociocracy. Click here to learn about Greenlight and sociocracy
What drives us now?
- The Climate Emergency is clearly upon us and democracy seems to be struggling;
- We have a new leader and a new Interim Executive Director, both of whom are excited about engaging members in new ways;
- It is very likely that a federal election will be upon us at some point in 2021; and,
- We need the Green Party of Canada to rise to the occasion like never before!
Our plan so far:
- Unite existing member-led change initiatives (Transparency Project, VCG, etc.) around shared purpose, values and behaviours.
- Pre-populate this website to show how new and existing Green communities could use it to organize better in order to find collaborative values-infused solutions to issues, challenges and problems
- Socialize this effort to attract early-adopters and curious conscious collaborators
- Hold space for regular steering discussions to determine how to be most effective at identifying the challenges and solutions to these in a collaborative way
- Seek equitable, trusting values-infused partnerships between volunteers and Party staff
- Help grow a coalition for coherent and positive values-driven change within the Party - and in our constituencies
- Based on feedback, help improve the user-focused functionality of the Decidim platform
Join us! blueocean welcomes you
- Contact us: email@example.com
Meetings & Events - Past meetings See all meetings (1)See all meetings (1)
Testimonials See all proposals (4)
An organization's "Mission Circle" has two functions, helping other circles communicate and for ensu...
Greenlight is part of blueocean.
Pioneering practices for more, conscious collaboration!